Welbeck scored his first professional hatrick

The former Manchester United man thanked the Frenchman for playing him as a central striker in his first few weeks in north London, which paid of in a 4-1 win on Wednesday.


Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck vowed "to do everything" to
make Arsene Wenger happy after scoring his first
professional hat-trick in the 4-1 win against Galatasaray .
The England striker paid tribute to Wenger, who is
celebrating 18 years since taking over the Gunners in 1996,
for deploying him as a central striker since his arrival from
Manchester United in the summer transfer window.
He repaid that faith with three goals in 52 minutes in the
Champions League on Wednesday, and says he is grateful
to play in his preferred position.
"I'm obviously delighted to get the goals but I think the most
important thing was to get the points on the board tonight
and we needed that after the first game in the group,"
Welbeck told Sky Sports .
"I'm playing up front, trying to score goals and get
goalscoring opportunities, and tonight it paid off.
"Obviously [Wenger] has shown a lot of faith in me and I'm
delighted to be playing tonight. Just giving me the chance t
play football up front in my preferred position, I'm going to
do everything that I can to make sure that he's happy."
The 23-year-old, though, did not have the match ball with
him for the post-match interview despite scoring three
times: "I forgot it, didn't I? I'll get it after."
Welbeck, who had been criticised for his finishing at times
during his United career, says his third and final goal was
his favourite of the night.
"I think the last one [was my favourite], I was stretching for
that one and I've been in that position a few times, chipping
the keeper, sometimes it goes in and sometimes it doesn't.
"Today I saw him coming out and maybe he thought I was
going to nick it round him and he slid in so it was a custom
finish."
Wenger, who took over at Highbury when Welbeck was just
five years old, praised his new striker's performance and
says his blistering pace gives him time to pick his spot
when finishing.
"He had a great performance, I think he had the instinct of a
goalscorer, he was more aggressive, and made great runs,
and finished well the work of the team," he said.
"I think he has such good pace that it gives him time to
finish calmly, and once players understand that their
finishing improves a lot."
The Frenchman also said that Alexis Sanchez, who made it
3-0 in the first half but gave the ball away in the build-up to
the Turks' goal, put in his best Arsenal performance to date.
"Yes, he played well and made some good passes, apart
from for the goal we conceded, but apart from that I think
he had a very good performance.
Source:skysport

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman who was set on fire by jealous wife removes her burns mask for the first time in 2 years...and she's beautiful!

8 things you didn't know about katy Perry